Want to promote the tech community in Austin? This is your WordPress plugin! You can see an example of the plugin on my blog’s sidebar.
The Austin Tech Events Calendar plugin is a “branch” of the wpng-calendar, a WordPress plugin for integrating a Google calendar into your WordPress blog. I’ve customized it to best display events from the door64.com events calendar.
To install this plugin:
- Download it from here
- Upload the plugin to the “wp-content/plugins” directory in your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin panel
- Go get yourself a Google GDATA API key here
- In your WordPress admin panel, goto “Options -> Austin Tech Events” then enter your Google GDATA API key. If you’re running WordPress 2.5, look under “Settings -> Austin Tech Events.”
- Under “Presentation -> Widgets” add the widget to your side bar, alter the options if you like
For more information about this plugin checkout the documentation from the the wpng-calendar site.
Drop me some comments if you have questions or feedback! 🙂
Have an old version of WordPress that doesn’t support widgets? Not using WordPress at all? Check out this post: Austin Tech Events Widget for those without widgets or WordPress.